Friday, August 7, 2009

Striped Bass

Today's pics








Hi all!

I dare you to try not laughing at my own cooking videos below... my ribs are still killing me... seriously, it was unintentional.

This lesson was a great reminder as to why I don't cook at home and order my fish at a Sushi Bar or at McCormick & Schmick's. Anyway, I tried something new and drizzled some olive oil over some aluminum foil, placed the bass on top, sprinkled over it with some "old bay" seasoning, squeezed some lemon juice over it, placed a couple of lemon slices on top, and placed it on the grill for about 10 minutes. My result was o.k. I preferred it raw to begin with.

About today's class; it's important for us all to remember that we are all the greatest impacting species on the harbor today. It doesn't mean we should drop everything right now and start banging on the doors of the State House for them to understand the importance of this issue. It does however mean we need to pay more attention to the kinds of things our legislators are proposing and for us as a commonwealth to do our part in preserving what's rightfully ours. If we don't stand up for ourselves regarding these issues when the time is right, we may regret doing nothing at all.

Find me on facebook everyone... (matsmith12002)

I'll miss you BU!!!

Matt
MET '09



No comments: