Monday, July 22, 2013

Cooking the Bass!

I got to take home half of the roe ! Growing up, my dad always made this for dinner and we would eat it with salad or with rice. Since I'm a poor college student and can't afford fresh vegetables, I decided I would eat this dish with rice. Here is how I prepared it! It was actually extremely easy to make and it tasted delicious.

1. I took home half of the roe in a zip lock baggie. 
2. I added salt and pepper to the outside of it.
 3. I covered the roe with flour so it wouldn't stick to the hot pan that was filled with oil.

4.I fried the roe until it was golden brown and the insides were cooked well.

The outside was crispy and the inside was cooked well. I ate it with ketchup and it was delicious! 

We really wanted to place an emphasis on the fact that almost every part of the fish can be cooked and made into a meal. Most of the class looked disgusted when the captain took out the roe but to me and my classmate it was a normal part of the fish that we have grown up eating. There are so many parts of the fish that can be made into delicious meals. It's just a matter of finding the right recipe!

No comments: