Docks of Boston Harbor
Today, we found many sea creatures under the docks. We put them in a jar and after lunch we tried to analyze them as much as we can. First, I thought it is difficult to find 10 species but at the end we threw away some of them. Here is the list of our group's list:
- Grinelll's Pink Leaf: it is brown purple color, it has wavy shape, it is soft and thin
- Sea Lettuce: it is green, thin and soft
- Brushy red weed: it looks like a root with red and pink color. I think our weed is the variant of Brushy red weed.
- Red Beard Sponge: Although the name is red but ours is yellow.
- Blue Mussells: It has black and dark brown color and oval shape, the inside of the mussel is white.
- Horse Mussel
- Sea Peach: We couldn't get any sea peach but we took the photo. It looks like a heart and it has orange shape.
- Spongemorpha: I think it is grass. it has green color and sticks on the rocks.
- Golden Star Tunicate: it has dark green color and it has white dots like stars.
- Smooth Skeleton Shrimp: they are little and tiny animals.
- Orange Sheath Tunicate