Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This is my first official blog and my boys all think it is really funny, and/or embarrassing, that their mom is actually doing this! My name is Mary and I have a sneaky feeling that other than Prof Berman, I am the oldest person in the class. I am a single mother of three boys and work 9 months out of the year at CGS here at BU. During the summer I work at a private Swim and Tennis club. My oldest is a Sophomore at Middlesex, my middle son is going to be a Senior and my youngest is starting Middle School. My life is full! I decided to go back and finish my degree, don't ask me what I want to be when I grow up because I still have no idea. I don't know how anyone can at my age never mind 18! I have a fear of water, almost drowned twice as a child but love the ocean. Crazy? There is something very calming and peaceful about it. I had to get over my fear a bit and learn to swim when I wanted my boys to not have the same fear I did. I have had to learn about a lot of science things I had no desire to learn about because when you have children and they are interested in learning about something, you do everything in your power to help them. Through learning with my children I did discover that I can enjoy science. I am excited to learn about new things in this class and share the knowledge with my boys.

No comments: