Saturday, July 23, 2011

Intro To Earth Sciences

I must admit that when someone had brought up the Coriolis effect, I was very much in their camp concerning why water drains the way it does in a sink. I remember believing this because I remember being 'taught" this the seventh grade. Why would I question that at the time? I suppose my teacher was not a credible source.

It was really humbling seeing East Boston from the ferry. I used to live on Maverick Street a whole year without realizing that I lived practically feet away from the Airport. I had no idea that East Boston was so small. Despite it being one of the hottest days of the year, the ferry ride was a great tour the second time around. I wish my commute afforded me the opportunity to take the ferry every day but right now it's just not in the cards.

No comments: