Friday, August 6, 2010

Whale Watching

Hi Everyone,

Today was our whale watching trip and unfortunately for me I got sick and the thing I remembered most about learning today was how to stare at the horizon and hold my wrist in order to not get sick. I wish I had stayed out of the inside cabin I think that was my problem - but because I was so nauseous it was difficult to here what the announcer was saying and stay focused on the whales. I did at least get to see the whales and they were absolutely beautiful. It was incredible to be so close to such an enormous creature. I really enjoyed to day contrary to how I looked and it was the perfect ending to a truly great class. My biggest disappointment of the day was that I was not up to the challenge of taking picture so I look forward to seeing some of the other posts so I can see some of the good shots others got.

There are not many courses that can be this much fun and still teach some many things. I have a new appreciation for the Boston Harbor and everything in it. I am so grateful that I had this opportunity and I hope that this course is still available to students in the future because I think it is really important. It gave most of us (if not all of us) a new perspective on so many things relating to marine life and the harbor, as well as how lucky we are to be around so many interesting things and places that are so close & accessible to us - Thank you to everyone in this class - it was a lot of fun, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Katie Concannon

No comments: