Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Treasures Of Spectacle Island

Today was definitely my favorite day of the class so far. I was absolutely amazed at some of the things we discovered on the beach. I never even knew that Spectacle Island existed before this class started and now I can't wait to go back! I thought it was very interesting to learn that the island was used as a landfill and yet the beaches were still very clean and a lot of fun to swim on. When I first found out that the island was a landfill, my first reaction was to immediately assume that there would be a lot of methane being admitted from the island into the air and a lot of leachate in the water and the beaches would be nasty, but I was glad to be wrong. Here are a few pictures of the very cool treasures we discovered on our trip today.






































-Luigi DiSisto

No comments: