Thursday, August 5, 2010

Striped Bass

Striped Bass Fillet Before Cooking

Striped Bass Fillet After Cooking

Striped Bass Fillet Dinner with steamed Broccoli, YUMMY!!
I am going to focus my first blog about today just on my "filleting experience". This class has been an experience of each day trying to do something I have never done. I attempted to watch the filleting of the Striped Bass but, had a difficult time. The thing I did that I have never done before is that I did not get sick and did not faint.
What did I see while Prof Berman was filleting? The back of Murat and Alex. Talked with the other two people that did not enjoy watching this, I won't name any names. I think I was ok a bit with peeking at the cutting in the beginning. It was the sound effects that did it for me! That said, I brought a piece home and cooked it up. It was delicious! I didn't remember how it tasted so I wanted to taste it. I really do like fish, I just don't like to see what happens to it. I decided to share the recipe I found so anyone that wants to try it can. Just so you know, I didn't have any fresh Basil so I used a lot less of the dried Basil.
FOILED STEAMED STRIPER
Remove skin and all dark meat, then place striper fillets in foil packet.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Lightly salt and pepper.
Sprinkle 1 tbls basil over striper fillets.
Seal packet tightly - cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Cooking times will vary with thickness of fillets. Fish should flake easily.

Mary D

No comments: