Tuesday, August 10, 2010

conclusion

snails to whales was the highlight of my summer. There were triumphs and tribulations, moments of repetition, and moments of engaging scientific observation, but all in all this class was fantastic. professor Berman has taught me the inner workings of the harbor, but more importantly, he taught me how to be a better boater and Bostonian. Following the whale watch, and the story of Poco the beluga whale, I realized that I needed to be more careful in my boating and fishing habits so that i can avoid hurting one of these magnificent creatures. (Learning about the stiff jail sentence and monetary penalties didn't hurt either) My favorite part of the course was definitely the whale watch because of the ample food options on board, beautiful weather, knowledgeable staff, abundance of whales, and calm seas. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. I am going to start working on my paper defending Adam Smith as the author of the tragedy of the commons and the final test. thanks everyone, its been fun

No comments: