Friday, July 11, 2014

Welcome to Snails2Whales 2014!

Welcome to "Snails to Whales", a blog where my Boston University students can share the work they do in my marine science class with each other and with the public.

I hope you will take a look, and share your comments with them - and with me.

From April - November I live with my wife on my boat "Verandah" at Constitution Marina on Boston Harbor. Did I mention that I like to fish?

Here is a screenshot from the fishfinder on my boat:



If you want to venture a guess as to what's happening in this picture, please post a comment, and I will post a reply.

You might also be interested in visiting Save the Harbor's site at www.savetheharbor.org . If you are interested in free, fun, and exciting things to do on the harbor you might also want to become a fan of their Boston Harbor page on facebook.

If you are still looking for a copy of Peterson's Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore or the Audubon Society's Field Guide to North American Seashore Creatures just click on the links or use the Amazon Search Box to the right.

See you soon.

Bruce Berman

PS. Here are a few of my favorite maps of Boston Harbor and Mass Bay ...

Boston Harbor, Mass Bay, Cape Cod Bay, Broad Sound and the Gulf of Maine.

An historic map - looking south.
Another "Oldie but Goodie"
Finally, to help you get around -

See you soon.
Bruce Berman

1 comment:

MJ said...

My guess as to what's happening in your picture is that you were about to run into large pools of fish that years ago were not even able to live in the harbor. - MJ Vasquez