Thursday, July 24, 2014

S2W Assignment 2: Shells by the Harbor shore

By this time during our observation, the sun had beat me down to exhaustion and my mind was in shambles akin to knotted wrack weed ha-ha!  However, I could still appreciate the aesthetics of the snail shells which were a delight to see at the end of our island adventure.  Yet, the shells were very fragile to the touch but pretty to look at up close.  These species are known as the Garden (land) snail.  By my theory the snail end up on the shore land brought by birds, and maybe tide wash up, then they may die out due to the rough land living of an island world, and not the luxury of garden world.  The specific two snails I observed were called a brown and white lip snail.  Sorry, I did not get a picture of the actual snail, but here is my drawing from memory.


No comments: