Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wrapping up...

It may be late but here are my two favorite whale watch pictures I had developed during the final class.













Now after that wonderful dissection of the striped bass, I prepared both the side fillet and the belly fillet (with scales on) over apple slices and carrot greens in white zinfandel with home made potato chips. I cooked both fillets over equal amounts of apple and greens with 1/2 cup of wine in a foil pouch. I put them on an electric fry pan at 420 for 2 minutes then brought them down to a simmer for 8. I then ate both fillets at the same time to determine differences, using the potato between samples to cleanse the palate. My observations were: The side fillet had very flaky soft flesh which was firmer. The darker fat parts (i love pcbs) were creamier and richer while the white parts were light. The Belly meat was stringier but had a softer taste and texture.
This was an amazing experiment, as I have never looked at the differences between two similar flavors that closely. Over all this course was a wonderful experience and enjoyed working with you all very much, I hope to see you all again some time. Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with; I have a facebook.




















Before
















After

No comments: