Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whale watching

Today was the day I have been waiting for and it was definitely worth waiting.  I have never seen whale that actually lives and swims around the ocean and I was real excited.  It took us about an hour and a half to watch whale, and I was already having fun at the boat. I was kind of surprised how many people on the boat got sea sick and to people like me who likes to feel the bounce and flow, it was hard to understand.  I was hoping to see the right whales but what we saw today was just incredible. 
The weather today was rainy and I was little worried that we might not be able to observe any, but there were so many of them whales, much more than I have expected. We saw one type of whale only, humpback whale. It was named so because it has hump on the back. After about an hour on the boat I noticed the black fin on the water, and started to see many of them from every directions. Whales I saw were blackish, some were shooting the water out of blowholes, and others were cruising around, diving into the water as their tales were revealed. The color of its tale was mixture of white and black, whiter on inner side of tale. One thing I found interesting was that when whales go to sleep, they float on the water as their brain shuts down.
Another amazing scene was when there were groups of about 7 of them swim together. I got a chance to take a close look at them and  I was remarkably surprised by their sizes.  Them whales were freaking HUGE!
It was amazing, amazing day and I am sure that everyone enjoyed it.  Now I am looking forward to observe sharks!  Where them sharks at??

No comments: