Friday, August 1, 2008

Hello

Hey guys. My name is Caitlin and I'm a full-time student at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA (think about half-way between Umass Amherst and Springfield and you'll find South Hadley...exciting, I know). I'm currently pursuing a degree in dance, but as I'm kind of on the fence about whether that actually constitutes a real degree I'm exploring a second major. Up until recently that major was Romance Languages, but I discovered that while I love speaking the languages and exploring their respective cultures I hated the actual courses themselves. After thorough exploration of other majors, I wound up at Geography (not exactly sure how). I do like looking at maps and analyzing hard data, which is something I definitely haven't had the chance to do in all those humanities classes I've been taking. I also grew up in the woods of Sudbury, MA so I'm looking forward to exploring the water and the shore and the life that calls these places home (I only know the animals in the woods around our house...South Hadley has a lot of woods, too) rather than just tanning as most people would. Being from Sudbury, I'm also an obsessive Sox fan but I promise not to mention you-know-who this week.

No comments: