Thursday, July 30, 2009

Introduction

Hi, I am Sean Escobedo and I am an incoming freshman here at Boston University. I am in the College of Arts and Science and the academic advisor thought it would be a good idea for me to take this class for the summer to get a science class done with. Im from Queens, New York. I live about 20 minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean, so I am very familiar with the water. I like going to the beach and going on boats so I feel that this class will be very interesting to me. The beach is a great place to just relax and hang out with friends. I also love swimming in the ocean cause its cold and refreshing. I also like the fact that we won't be sitting in a classroom for eight hours a day.

As for the question of which way does the toilet bowl flush in Australia it depends on the way the toilet bowl is designed. The difference in hemispheres plays no major role nor does the Coriolis Effect, for a toilet bowl is to small of an object. The only way the water can spin clockwise or counterclockwise is through the plumbing of the toilet bowl. I got this from my friends brother who lived in Australia for a year and this website

http://www.tripcrazed.com/697458444/myth-busted-toilets-do-not-flush-in-the-opposite-direction-in-australia/?ref=xn

Sean Escobedo

No comments: