Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Assignment 1

Hey guys, my name is Maycon G. Tambosi but I go by Mike. It is not really a translation of my Brazilian name. I think the name Michael was very popular in the late 70's so parents decided on that name but if you speak to way is written down it would sound very different.

As I said, I was born in Brazil and moved here in 2000, it was a lot like an adventure to me and I planned to stay for a few years only...9 years have passed and I'm still here.

I'm taking this class because it is a requirement for my major which is Management Studies, but I think I would still take it as an elective I guess. I've always liked science and geography, so I'm looking forward to it and get to know all of you!

I love the ocean! It is too bad that the water temperature he is a lot colder than what I am used to in Brazil. What fascinates me about the ocean is its size and the peaceful feeling it offers. Even if you live in a Metropolis, when you go to the ocean it seems like the entire background noise of life goes away. Don't quote me on this but I think, and I'm not an expert on anything, we still know very little about the ocean compared to other sciences, don't you think so?

I called my best friend on Skype at his father's business and asked him to do me a favor. He didn't believe me at first but after explaining he did for me. It is funny because last December we all went to Brazil on a 3 week vacation and my wife's step dad keep saying "I can't wait to get there and flush the toilet" we were thinking he was kidding you know. He wasn't.

The answer is, the toilet didn't have a clear direction, I think because of the water pressure there. The sink water went on a anti-clockwise direction, believe it or not. If you don't believe me call Rodrigo and ask him to do it again and while he's at it ask him to film it as well.

See you guys Saturday!

No comments: