Friday, July 31, 2009

Hi everyone my name is David Warsofsky. I am currently a sophmore here at Boston University. Right now i am enrolled in the College of General Studies and I am not sure what i would like to transfer into after this year. I am from Marshfield MA and live right on the ocean. Even though i live on the ocean I really have never learned anything about it. I feel that living this close to something you should know the facts about it. And I feel that this class is going to do just that. I am interested in learning what is living in our ocean and how it survives. I am really excited for this class and look foward to working with all of you.

As for the question that was asked in class, I have come to the conclusion that it does not matter where you are in the world the water flowing in the toilet will always flow the same way. The way the water is flowing down the toilet is determined by how the toilet is designed. The Coriolis effect does not play a role in determing what way the water is flushed, nor does the hempisphere that you are located in. The design of the toilet is the only thing that can dtermine which way the water is flushed down the toilet. 

http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

Dave Warsofsky

No comments: