Friday, July 31, 2009

Assignment #1

Hello everyone. My name is Rene Norris and I am a senior at Boston University majoring in criminal justice. I was born in a small town named Tela in the northern coast of Honduras, Central America. Growing up I had the ocean at my disposal 24/7 and 365 days a year. When I came to Boston 13 years ago I was in for a rude awakening with summer being so short, limiting the time I had to enjoy the beach. Only then I realized how I had taken for granted one of the most majestic resources we have on our planet. Needless to say I love the ocean and everything that entails being close to it. My class during summer 1 was Coastal Enveronments of Massachusetts and we were out of class and on the beach a lot. That's why I am taking this class, to learn more about this enigmatic universe. In regards to the direction the water flows when you are flushing the toilet in Australia, I had heard from several sources that it goes in the opposite direction of this part of the world ----- counter clockwise. This phenomena is backed by sources on Wikepedia, Youtube, Bing, and Google with several of first hand accounts and footage.

No comments: