Saturday, July 25, 2009

Welcome to "Snails to Whales"

My name is Bruce Berman, and I am the BayWatcher for Save the Harbor / Save the Bay in Boston, Massachusetts.

During the summer I teach public policy, communication and marine science at Boston University.

"Snails to Whales" is a blog where my Boston University students can share the work they do in my class marine science class "From Periwinkles to Pilot Whales" with each other and with the public.

I hope you will take a look, and share your comments with them - and with me.

From April - November I live with my wife on my boat "Verandah" at Constitution Marina on Boston Harbor. Did I mention that I like to fish?

Here is a screenshot from the fishfinder on my boat:



If you want to venture a guess as to what's happening in this picture, please post a comment, and I will post a reply.

If you are interested in taking this class, email me today at bupr@bu.edu, and we can set up a time to talk.

You may also be interested in my other Boston Harbor Class blog, which focuses on the history of the Boston Harbor Clean-up from an advocacy and public policy perspective. You can find it here, at www.bostonharbor893.blogspot.com

You might also be interested in visiting Save the Harbor's site at www.savetheharbor.org . If you are interested in free, fun, and exciting things to do on the harbor you might also want to become a fan of their Boston Harbor page on facebook.

If you want to see more images of what lives under my boat, you can visit my website atwww.bostonharbor.com and click on the "Fishcam"!

Thanks for visiting.

Bruce Berman

PS. Here are a few of my favorite maps ...

Boston Harbor, Mass Bay, Cape Cod Bay, Broad Sound and the Gulf of Maine.

An historic map - looking south.
Another "Oldie but Goodie"

Finally, to help you get around -
See you Saturday.
Bruce Berman

No comments: