Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last day

As I remember the last day of our course together I can truly say that it was one unlike any other I had participated in the past. Going on a whale watch was definitely something that I had ever expected to do in a college class. It turned out to be one of the more enriching experiences I have had in my memories of Boston. Although I have lived here an outstanding portion of my life, I had yet to go on a whale watch tour. My expectations were set fairly low by others who had gone on whale watches and were not able to see any whales. I was extremely pleasantly surprised by the amount of whales that we saw and the actions that they exhibited while we were out on Stellwagen Bank.

The Minke and Humpback whales seemed to be performing for us as they breached and swam alongside the cruise ship. The final paper helped broaden my notions of whaling across the world and provided me with a new understanding of how whale populations can come to be thriving and sustainable.

The past few weeks have been entertaining and informative. It was a pleasure to get to know all of you and I hope that we meet again in the future. Best of luck to everyone

No comments: