Saturday, August 2, 2014

Playing Peek-a-boo with...Northstar & Hippocampus! Whale Watch

1, 2, 3, red light...nope its the BHC's catamaran style boat used for, Whale Watching...welcome aboard!

Now how could I have enrolled in a course titled:  Snails to Whales without coming to full circle of getting a look at a whale too, not happening!

As I kept my eyes gazed over the open waters, and ears akin to antenna for the whale sighting announcement...at last a pair of humpback emerge.  Unfortunately, the pair affectionately named, Hippo campus & North star did not emerge together in my frame.  

Yikes!
Arent the people aboard that tiny boat a tad bit scared?  Nope, I guess not, since they made no attempt to move out of the dynamic duo's way, just went on business as usual.










So, then here is Hippo campus :)!

On location I was shown a young whales vertebrae which is akin to a cut of meat that I enjoy eating from the ox's tail, called "oxtail".
 

oxtail bone















Lastly, my final picture during our whale watch field trip that I will say so long to North star.

No comments: