Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Toilet Flush!

Hi Y'all!

My name is Alexandra. I am not a Math or Science type of gal, but I have always loved earth science type of classes. I thought that I would enjoy this class as well as fulfill my science requirement So, here I am.

I thought that the water flushed the other way in Australia due to the Coriolis effect. I asked my boyfriend, and he thought that anything in the other hemisphere flushed the opposite way. I "googled" it and found conflicting answers on funtrivia.com and other sources of the like. Finally, I went on Wikipedia. There, I found that my previous assumptions about the Coriolis effect were wrong. The Coriolis effect is able to determine the spin, but only under " certain controlled laboratory conditions". It really depends on the angle of the toilet.

Alright, I will see y'all on Saturday!

Happy Tuesday!
Alexandra

No comments: